5.27.2008

Our weekend

A nice relaxing long weekend. Very much needed!

Saturday, our few from our Brownie troop attended a Teddy Bear Tea. It was supposed to be a Mother's Day thing but the scheduling was a little off. Either way, it was a great day. My mom met Em and I there and we had hot tea with all the fun little "tea time snacks". Very cute. There was a gentleman there taking "portrait" type photos. I'm looking forward to getting those back. I don't have many pictures of my mom, myself and Emily, together. I'm so happy that my mom was able to come to that with us too.

After the tea, we came home to Alex cooking ribs on the grill. YUMMO!! He rubbed them down the night before and cooked them nice and slowly on the grill. (for like 4 hours!!) Well well well worth the wait. They were so tasty...so good. Alex had never cooked ribs before so this was a great job for the first try.

Sunday, I spent the day at Maggi's house. We finally got together to create stuff for the dress rehearsal next weekend. We spent the entire day making photo frames and all sorts of fun goodies. I didn't get home till 1am. Now...lets hope we have a good day at the dress rehearsal and sell a bunch of stuff.

Yesterday, I slept in till 10 and really didn't have to do anything. I took Josh to Michael's and AC Moore to get a few things for a school project. Of course, I picked up a few things for myself too. I picked up a few other frames and came home to get busy with those. This is the one that I got done last night. It took me a while but once I settled on where I wanted to go with it, it came together fairly quickly. Emily thinks this should go in her room though. If she had her way, everything I make would go in her room. She's probably my biggest fan.

Today, the kids are back to school and I'm home. I have a bunch of things I want to get done today...need to unpack everything that I took to Maggi's, scrub the kid's bathroom and I'd like to create a few more things for the weekend. I've got my timer set and am doing little mini challenges to keep me going...or to at least get me in gear. I certainly need it!

And with that...I'm off...

1 comment:

preci28 said...

I can see why Em wants that in her room, it's beautiful!!! You are just so crafty and you come up with the cutest stuff...

That tea sounded like a cute event! What a cute picture of Em and grandma.. Can't wait to see you scrap that one and the other photos the guy took!!