3.09.2006

Thursday again??

Another week almost finished! I've been saying all week that I wanted to get over here to blog. And here I am...not a month later, as usual. I'm trying to do better with this. But sometimes there's just nothing exciting to blog about.

Tuesday was Emily's kindergarten program. They sang songs about growing up and being what you want to be...no matter what it might be. Some might look at some of the songs as being sexist, but they're just in kindergarten...and I thought the program was adorable. Emily's class did a song about sailors and sailing the deep blue sea...the boys wore sailor caps and talked about swabbing the decks, etc...the girls wore hula skirts and bathing suits and sang about sailing the ocean only if the boat was a yacht and that the boys could swab the decks but the girls would rather be getting tans. They had fun singing and that's all that counts, right? I took TONS of pictures, of course...and will get them into layouts and shared on here soon. (I hope)

I'm working on my next class layout for Memory Lane. I'm doing a card class on the 21st and 23rd. We'll be making 10 different cards using ONE sheet of 12x12 patterned paper and coordinating cardstock. I have half of them complete...just need to add the last bits and pieces to the last of them. I'm on my way up to have lunch with Emily in a few and then off to Memory Lane after that...to finish them and get them on display.

Spring Break starts tomorrow for us. Geez!!! I think it's a bit too early...considering it's not even "SPRING" yet. I mean, I know we're in Florida and it "FEELS" like Spring...but Easter is still a month away. And whatever happened to tieing Spring Break in with the Easter weekend anyway? Oh well...my complaining never seems to get the dates changed so I guess I'll quit my bitching and try to enjoy the next week with my kiddos home. Well, Em will be home with me...Josh has Crew practice just about every day next week...and that will take up almost all of his day each day. Maybe Em and I will go to Sea World or make a trip over to see the famous Mouse. We really should take advantage of those annual passes that we have.

Josh has a big Regatta this weekend. We have to be at the lake at 6:45 in the morning. This one is for medals too! I sure hope his boat can row as well as they did last weekend. They'll come home with medals for sure if they can keep that up!

Well, time for me to head off to lunch at the elementary school. I hope to get my scraproom picked up a little bit when I get home...I'm really itching to do a layout or two. But with me just dumping the tote bag in the middle of the floor...I'd better get stuff picked up and re-organized a bit first.

Ahhh...the story of my life!

No comments: