3.05.2006

And sleep is what I got!!!

I ended up going to Josh's meet yesterday. And I'm so happy that I did. His Novice 8 boat took 1st place out of 5 and won by 2 boat lengths. It was great to see them cross the finish line above and beyond everyone else. I would have really felt awful had I missed that.

On the way home, I stopped and picked up subs for us and we all sat outside on the new patio set and ate our late lunch. This was actually the first time we've done this as a family since the pool was finished. Alex and I both agreed that life could be a lot worse and that it was so nice to be able to do that. After we finished eating, I decided it was time for the nap that I'd been wishing for since I woke up yesterday morning. That was at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon.

Sometime around 8pm, I woke up...only long enough to get some water and snuggle with Emily while she watched some Nickelodeon next to me. At 9:30, we turned the TV and the lights off and went to sleep together for the night. I figured that with that forever long nap, I'd be up at 3am and not be able to go back to sleep. WRONG! Alex woke me around 8 something this morning and told me that I'd slept long enough. LOL

I guess I really needed to catch up on my sleep, huh?

Today, I've been putzing around the house...cleaned up some of the mess from Friday night's crop. Ran the dishwasher with the first load. There are a few other dishes that still need to be washed. I need to get my stuff up from the kitchen table and the signs of the crop will be gone. I've also been doing a few loads of laundry today...in hopes of getting it all caught up again.

Emily wants to go swimming...she's already in her bathing suit. Alex told her to be patient and he'd go in with her later. I think he's going to regret that...the water is only 68*. Brrrrrrrrrrr....NOT ME! Not till the water temp is around 86. Still a ways to go for me!

Time to fold the whites and start another load of laundry. Maybe I'll come in here and straighten up the scraproom a bit in a little while. I've got a couple of Netflix movies here that I could watch while I do that.

Yeah, that's the plan...off to do the laundry now.

Oh, and thanks for the comments, Stacie!! Love knowing that someone is actually reading my random crap!! ;)

1 comment:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Congratulations to Josh! That is so neat! And wow, you really must have needed major sleep!