12.21.2005

Banana Pudding, Brownies and Chocolate Covered Pretzels...

That's what I did today. Well, not actually till this afternoon/evening. Every year, I try to bake goodies and give a plate of them to our favorite neighbors. I was beginning to wonder if I'd be able to get this done this year but I can't "not" do it. Each year, I do the baking and I let the kids deliver the goodies. I think it helps them to understand the good in giving. Plus, Em enjoys helping me do the baking.

So tomorrow, we'll finish up the cookies and get everything packaged up and ready. I certainly hope that tomorrow brings a better mood for me. Today was a tough one. I was so uptight and grumpy. Emily tested me at every turn too. I don't want another day like that. My mom always gets grumpy during the holidays and I really don't want to be like that. I want to be happy and enjoy the holidays. When you're grumpy and everything is such a chore, it takes the joy out of the holiday. Those are the types of holiday memories that I have from my childhood and I really don't want to pass those on to my kids.

So, for now...I will take a deep breath, get a good night's sleep and work on focusing to get as much done as possible tomorrow. It helps too, that Alex is now on vacation till after the first of the New Year. He'll be able to help too.

Oh, and on a great note...the pool deck will be poured in the next few days. They're shooting for a Friday pour, but chances are, it'll be next week. The deck was mostly formed today. They'll be here first thing to get it all finished. Then we're scheduled for an inspection. The deck guy told me that he'd try for a deck pour for Friday but the concrete company might be booked up trying to get as many jobs in before Christmas. If we can't have it done Friday, they'll shoot for Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll be happy to have a deck before the New Year's Eve party that we're planning to have.

The next step will be the finish on the inside of the pool, then a final grade and clean up. The screen is a little behind schedule, but it'll be done before we can actually swim. Once the final grade happens, we can put the fence back up, resod the yard and actually put water in the pool too. Woo hoo!!!! We're getting closer!

OK...I'm off for now. Was thinking about maybe taking a hot bath before calling it a night. I did just get my new Papercrafts magazine today. It's always nice to kick back in a hot bath and read for a while.

See ya!

1 comment:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Sounds like the pool is movin' right along! I totally relate with not wanting to be grumpy around the holidays. It's hard when so much of the holiday is Mom's responsibility! I wonder if making a schedule or timeline of all the things that need to be accomplished would help for next year (or whatever the next big event is). I think I might try that.