12.07.2005

A moment to breathe...

I spent quite a bit of time at Em's school on Monday and Tuesday...helping with the Christmas "socks" that they decorated for their party next Thursday. They'll use these to hold all of the goodies they get from their classmates. All 5 kindergarten classes made these...I helped with about 35-40 stockings...and got them all completed. One of the teachers commented yesterday that this was the earliest those stockings have ever been finished. That made me feel good.

After school yesterday, Em and I went to the Mall at Millenia to see Santa. We'd heard nothing but GREAT things about this Santa and thought we'd make a trip over there. This mall is in a rather "ritzy" part of town and has anchor stores such as Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, Neiman Marcus...no Sears, J.C. Penneys, etc...we kid that this is where the "other side" shops. All the top dollar stores...not where I can afford to go regularly, that's for sure.

Anyway, we get there and we see Santa. Emily is extremely apprehensive with Santa...almost shy. Anyone that knows Emily knows that she is FAR FROM SHY. It was quite interesting to watch her interaction...she was so unsure of herself and of him. I think that she's probably on the fence as to what to believe and what not to believe anymore. Now that she's in school and has so many different influences. But that Santa was so "real"...real white hair, real beard...very realistic. I even picked up some Santa's Coal bubble gum and forgot to take it out of Emily's Limited Too bag...I told her that Santa must of stashed it in there as a warning of what might come in her stocking on Christmas if she's not nice. Her eyes were HUGE and she was a little worried about getting coal. It was PRICELESS!

I did a digital layout last night with a few of the Santa pictures. I like how it turned out. I'll get it posted at Scrapforums and maybe here later today.

So...the question is now...after all that running...I have today at home with no where to go. Plenty of time to get caught up on things around here...sooooooooo....

Why is it that I can't get motivated??

Geeez! I had so many great plans to get my house cleaned up again today...and the only thing that I'm doing is laundry, it seems. I've made the bed, sorted all of the dirty laundry and have both machines going, have folded everything but the latest load of towels and the folded stuff is sorted and ready to be put away. The dishwasher is running but the kitchen still needs some attention. I had so many great plans for the day and here I sit...listening to the Yahoo Country music station, surfing the net, blogging. I really do need to get up and get moving! I have a little more than an hour and a half before I have to get Emily from school. We'll be headed to dance a couple hours after that.

Anyway...I'll quit my bitching now and get busy again. I'm sure the dryer is finished and another load of clothes is waiting to be folded. I really need to work on our bathroom and master bedroom too. They're really bad!

See ya!

No comments: