4.18.2007

Starting fresh!

With my blog...

It's been over TWO MONTHS since my last post. TWO MONTHS? How is that possible? They say that sometimes life just gets in the way and by golly, that's exactly what happened!

I won't go into long details of the last two months but there was a surgery for me, the death of my Step Dad and all sorts of things in between. As my friend and neighbor said it...I've had "quite a few stresses" in my life lately.

I'm going to try, once again, to maintain this blog and share my love for scrapping, etc. The way that I had intended to do before.

And with that...I've gotta share the fact that I went away this past weekend with my local scrapping buddies. We rented a house in Davenport, Florida...set up specifically for a scrapbook retreat. Its called "Florida's Scrapbook Retreat" and by clicking that link, you can read all about it.

What a great time we had!!! I always have a good time with this group of girls though. These "bitches", as we so lovingly call each other, are some of my best friends. We've been scrapping together for over 6 yrs now. Most of us have high school kids that have been together since Elementary School. We've been through some super great times, as well as some really tough times too. We've lost one of our own to her battle with Breast Cancer and that, I believe, has pulled some of us even closer. I love these women and I know that they're always there...and for that, I am forever grateful!

Our retreat started at 3 pm on Friday and checkout time was at 3 pm on Sunday. We got there, set up our scrapping stuff and went to work. I had a little too much to drink Friday night...oh ok...alot too much to drink...and was in bed by 10:30 that night. I did manage to complete a cute little flip book that an online friend had shared the link for. Shimelle did one on Fiskars TV and the link to the video is on her blog. (click on the link and then go to Sexy Scissors on the right hand side of her blog) I'll share my flip book once I finally get unpacked from the weekend. All of my bags are sitting here, on my scraproom floor, in a pile...just screaming to be unpacked.

On Saturday, although the day started on the slightly hungover side...I did manage to complete a book for my mom. I'm not going to give the details of that, in case she's reading this...but it's beautiful. I can't wait to give it to her! I'll scan it and post it in my gallery at Scrapforums soon.
I made it through Saturday without a nap but went to bed earlier than another else, again on Saturday night.

Sunday morning brought stormy weather outside...heavy rain and wind...even word of a tornado somewhere. We were all oblivious to what was happening outside...the scrapping had once again began. Some of the girls headed home earlier than others. Those of us that stayed behind worked feverishly to get as much done as we could before it was time to go home. I managed to finish a two page Disney spread that I had started AGES ago. I also started on another layout and got about 2/3 of that one finished before packing up.

Now that I'm home again...its time to unpack everything and put it all back where it belongs. I hooked up my scanner again and now need to get busy scanning the stuff that I did. Maybe I'll do that this afternoon. KEYWORD: MAYBE!!!

Oh...and I almost forgot to mention. Today is the day that Memory Lane changes ownership. It was supposed to be done on Monday but it was postponed to today. This LSS has been a favorite of mine since it opened 5 yrs ago. When Liz told me that she was selling the store, I thought long and hard at buying it...the timing just wasn't right. I was saddened to think that the store could possibly close. It used to be such a GREAT scrapbook store and it's suffered a little bit for a while now. I know that the store was Liz's 'baby' and even though she's ready to move on to other things, it'll be hard for her to let go. Here's wish Liz the best in whatever she may do and wishing Mara, the new store owner, the best in everything she does for Memory Lane!! Sometimes change is good...lets hope this is one of those times. I'm excited to see the changes that Mara will bring! (and I've been asked if I'll teach again too...hmmmmmm)

With all of that...I should close. There's a load of laundry waiting for me in the dryer and a few more, on the floor, waiting to be washed. Only 30 minutes till its time for me to get Emily again...so I should get busy!

Thanks for reading! Be sure to leave a comment, if you will...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!
I'm so sorry to hear that life has been stressful. I've thought of you often and stopped by at least once a week to see if you're around. I'll check by more often now that you're updating again! Off to read the rest of your posts!